Spitbank Fort is an unusual and historic sea fortress in the Solent, off Portsmouth. Now a luxury exclusive venue and hotel, the fort was formerly home to hundreds of soldiers guarding the approaches to Portsmouth. The arms and ammunition have long been removed, making way for nine luxuriously furnished bedroom suites, three bars, three restaurant areas, and spa facilities.
Spitbank Fort is the most exclusive venue on the south coast, and is its own private island for hire, available for exclusive use, special events, private parties, wedding receptions, music videos and corporate hire. There are few venues in the world that can offer the privacy and exclusivity of Spitbank Fort.
With accommodation for 18 and function space for up to 60 people, this is the unique venue that you have been searching for that will quite simply blow all others out of the water.
Where better to stay when visiting Cowes Week than on your own private fortress? Want a magnificent venue for a private party where there is no chance of gatecrashers, then Spitbank Fort ticks all of the boxes. What about luxurious accommodation for the Isle of Wight Festival where you can party on like a rock star long into the night. As Spitbank Fort can only be reached by own boats it provides a level of privacy, peace and tranquillity that is virtually impossible to find anywhere else in the world.
- Event Venue
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good110
- LM_JacksonSalisbury, United KingdomWonderful Experience!Monday, 9th March 2020We have just returned from our stay on Spitbank Fort. Our departure time got moved which worked well for us as we were able to wander around Gunwharf Keys during the day. As soon as we arrived onto... Read full review
- Jay AMaidstone, United KingdomBig thanks to the team, especially Joanna, Chris and Sam - You guys made it awesomeTuesday, 10th March 2020At first arrived and was unsure about a few things, I guess not knowing what to expect things like shared dinning could have been awkward but I have to say, it was actually fantastic... Big thanks... Read full review
- Billy MTonbridge, United KingdomPerfectTuesday, 10th March 2020There is something to be said for being encamped in a place with nowhere to go. With nothing to worry about except your next conversation with friends & the people you have just met, whether to have... Read full review
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Please see website for booking intimation