|Adult ticket||£10.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-15)||£23.50 per ticket|
|Family (1 adult + up to 3 children)||£60.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults + up to 3 children)||£85.00 per ticket|
|Senior (65 plus)||£34.50 per ticket|
Entrance to Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower is included as part of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard’s Full Navy Ticket. Tickets are valid for a year allowing you to return again and again.
Buy online to save up to 20%.
Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower is a hands on, interactive Museum set in the historic setting of a former gunpowder and munitions depot at Priddy’s Hard, on the Gosport side of Portsmouth Harbour.
Immerse yourself in the world of weaponry and firearms, which is fearsome, powerful and inventive. Learn of the damage that was done by the collection of guns, cannons, torpedoes, modern missiles – and even a nuclear bomb – at the former 18th century armament depot which houses the museum. Hear the incredible personal stories of those who handled these weapons, including the 662 female munition workers who played a crucial part in the First World War, preparing weapons that helped to win battles.
Dodge mines in an underwater seabed and see what a moving gun deck looks like. Younger visitors can take part in the museum’s fun dress-up challenge. Original footage and historical personal accounts can be seen through the museum’s interactive touch screens.
Then, relax in the museum’s coffee shop on the 19th century camber dock and enjoy views of Portsmouth Harbour.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Induction loops.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Guide available if pre-booked.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Light meals, snacks and refreshments, capacity 50.
- Picnic Site
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- LGBT Friendly
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.None
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 9999
- Min group size - 10
- Open by appointment only - during closed hours
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
By Road: M27 to junction 11. Follow A32 to Gosport and signs to Explosion! Museum at Priddy’s Hard.
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Follow the mainline route to Portsmouth Harbour. Take the frequent ferry service across to Gosport (3 mins). From the ferry at Gosport, turn right and follow the Millennium Promenade to Explosion! at Priddy’s Hard (20 mins walk) or a taxi to Forton Bridge (3 mins).
|April to October (1 Apr 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|November to March (1 Nov 2020 - 31 Mar 2021)|
* Opening Times:
April to October, open daily (10am until 5pm, last admission to the galleries at 4pm).
Nov – Mar, open Saturday and Sunday only (10am until 4pm, last admission to the galleries at 3pm).