Book Tickets Online
Portsmouth City Council is currently scaling back to only the business-critical operations in light of the latest guidelines around the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. As such, the Eastney Engine Houses will be closed until further notice. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Eastney Engine Houses are open free of charge on certain weekends. There will be some restrictions on access and the engines will not be in steam.
The Beam Engine House's main attraction is a pair of magnificent James Watt beam engines housed in their original high Victorian engine house of 1887.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Groups by arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour
- Groups Accepted - Must be booked in advance
- In town/city centre
- Educational Groups
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Most suitable for Key Stages 2 and 3