Housed in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard’s incredible Boathouse No 6, Action Stations is the ultimate location for corporate events and conferences.
This modern and versatile space offers a wide range of facilities to suit all of your business needs. A seated cinema/auditorium with 275 seats, along with a separate meeting room and breakout area on the first floor (plus tailored catering) makes this space ideal for any conference or corporate presentation.
Action Stations provides a superb maritime setting for those who seek a unique venue for a Business or corporate event. Housed in the magnificent Boathouse No: 6 in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Action Stations offers a wide range of facilities for the conference and event organiser.
Action Stations is the perfect venue for such events as:
• Birthday Parties
• Dining Events
• Charity Events
• Wedding Receptions and Anniversaries
• Corporate Celebrations
• Christmas Parties
• Product Launches
• Team building
• Laser Quest
• Special Interest Tours
• Paranormal Investigations
Conferences and Facilities
Action Stations’ 275 seat state of the art auditorium has a digital projection system for Power Point and DVD operation complete with surround sound, radio microphones and lectern.
A dedicated conference technician for all your AV needs is provided as part of the package, which makes for a highly professional service for any meeting, conference or presentation. A large space is available adjacent to the auditorium which can be used for registration, group break out areas, product/promotional displays and catering.
Within the same building we have two conference rooms which are available for smaller meetings.
Our first room, Horizons Function Suite is situated within the first floor exhibition floor and is ideal for presentations for between 20 and 160 delegates, as it includes microphones and inbuilt projection equipment. This room is a unique circular space that includes historic elements of the original boathouse and allows access to the exhibition floor for break out space and catering.
The second room, called the Action Stations Conference Room, is situated on the top floor and is ideal for between 20 and 70 delegates, has natural light and a view of the Naval Base, a small annex room is attached which is perfect for the setup of your coffee and lunch buffet breaks.
These are both very versatile spaces that can be arranged cabaret or theatre style and are fully fitted with screen, multimedia projector, laptop and flip-charts.
For all events we offer the expertise of our onsite caterers who offer a wide selection of buffet style meals and beverages to accompany the event programme. The team provides an excellent professional service with an eye for detail and the flexibility you require when arranging and planning your event. The Events Manager will provide pre-planning advice and on the day co-ordination, whilst the Action Stations technical team will assist with your AV, sound and lighting requirements. All to ensure your event runs smoothly and is a success! Action Stations has built up an excellent reputation for delivery of well organised and professional events.
Dinners & Parties
Combining an unusual historic venue with the outstanding atmosphere created by large modern interactive simulators, architectural lighting and sound makes Action Stations the perfect venue for a wide range of events and parties. We can cater for dinner parties for up to 250 guests with a large dance floor area and space for bar, band and disco.
Action Stations has worked closely with the UK’s number 1 brand of laser tag to design a unique indoor adventure, set over 2 floors which represent the bridge of a hijacked container ship and a pirate stronghold.
The theme has been inspired by our action movie, Command Approved (Cert PG.) and will provide settings and challenges inspired by the Royal Navy and Royal Marines, with funky lighting effects, billowing smoke and a heart-pounding atmosphere. Laser Quest is an exhilarating experience for players of all ages.
Have a birthday party with as much Action as you can handle! Action Stations is the perfect place to hold your birthday party. We cater for ages 5 upwards and create a fun, safe and enjoyable environment that is the ideal venue for your party.
Opt for a Laser Quest party, each Laser Quest party includes a pin badge and certificate for all participants, free refreshments in the interval, individual score sheets and a special gift for the special person.
Team Challenges @ Action Stations
Participating in a selection of physical and mental challenges, delegates work in teams to develop communication, leadership and negotiation skills. Possible activities include piloting a Merlin helicopter, climbing a state of the art rotating climbing wall, paddling a canoe behind enemy lines, computer-based recognition, targeting and observation games.
Special Interest Tours
Join your guide for a tour of the historic Boathouse No.6, the home of Action Stations, to uncover the history of the structure from construction, through conflict to current as we explain and show you the evolution into the attraction you see today.
Situated in the historic dockyard, Boathouse No.6 is the only venue within the naval base available for your group to hold your own investigations. Available for groups numbering up to twenty four in total, the building is recommended for both evening and overnight investigations.
- Accessible Lift - Separate lifts for different areas of building
- Disabled Parking - Provided in the off-site car park
- Disabled persons toilet - Situated on Ground floor – lift access available
- Induction Loop System - T-Loop available in the Auditorium only
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Wheelchair user accessible - Lifts available between floors
- Banqueting - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Bar - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Cafe - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Catering Provided - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Full liquor licence
- Lunch available, table service - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Outdoor eating area
- Refreshments Available - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Restaurant - Provided by the on-site caterers in adjoining building
- Serve evening meal - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Serve lunch - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Special diets catered for - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Vegetarians catered for - Provided by the on-site caterers
Children & Infants
- Children's Meals - Provided by the on-site caterers
- Accessibility for Unloading
- Computer Projection
- Dance Floor - Horizons Function Suite
- Desks / Tables
- DVD available - Auditorium & Horizons Function Suite
- Flipcharts Available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- In House Audio Visual Technicians
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Meeting rooms
- Natural Daylight - Exhibition floors & Action Stations Conference Room
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Overhead Projector
- Permit external audio visual technicians
- Projection Screen
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Tiered Seating - Auditorium only
- TV & Video Available
- Wireless Internet Access - User account needed
- Bar - By arrangement with the on-site caterers
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Available off-site in partnership with Portsmouth City Council
- Off-road parking - Available in the Queen Street car park
- Own car park (Fee Applies) - Available in the Queen Street car park
- Park and Ride
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking - Available in the Queen Street car park
- American Express
- Diners card
- Some no smoking areas - The building in all Non-smoking
Room / Unit Features
- 3 Phase Power Connection all rooms
- 3 Phase Power Connection some rooms
- Black out facilities some rooms - Auditorium & Horizons Function Suite