- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Rooms from||£70.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Just a 2-minute stroll from Southsea beach Florence Suite provides boutique accommodation close to all Portsmouth's attractions. A 5 minute walk away is Southsea Castle and D-Day Museum and 10 minutes drive away is Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Gunwharf Quays and the Spinnaker Tower.
The Florence Suite joined The Mercer Collection in 2013. Previously a bed and breakfast called Sea La Vie, The Florence Suite offers a quiet retreat from the main hotel. The rooms are airy and light with the Mercer design touch. The hotel is opposite the group's a la carte restaurant 'The Kitchen Southsea' and boutique pub 'The Florence Arms'.
Free parking, free high-speed WiFi and daily housekeeping is all included in the room rate, plus a cooked a la carte breakfast.
Superior rooms, executive rooms and small double rooms are all available. The Florence Suite also hosts a suite with spacious king bedroom, lounge and shower room. All rooms have wireless internet and L´Occitane Aromachologie toiletries.
The Florence Suite is the sixth hotel in The Mercer Collection group of boutique properties all located in picturesque Southsea.
The Florence House, Florence Suite and Florence Gardens offers a quirky set-up. Florence House hosts the main reception and bistro, whilst Florence Gardens is the main breakfast room and Florence Suite is a quiet getaway annex. The buildings are connected with an enclosed pathway and there is a quiet garden at the back of the hotels to relax in. All guests are welcome to use all facilities.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room Service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for
- Adults only
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Night porter
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Pets accepted
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good71
- polkadot51Glastonbury, United KingdomACCOMODATION POORFriday, 28th February 2020I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews for our wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Superior King Suite on the ground floor and were disappointed overall with the room itself. We were... Read full review
- trudycamBedford, United KingdomNot pleasant peopleMonday, 2nd March 2020My partner booked here some time ago and i have to say it was not good, Owners were pathetic to say the least, Would never stay there again and avoid if you are in Portsmouth. Also found it hard to... Read full review
- peterbarnes34Trip Type:BusinessaverageTuesday, 10th March 2020stayed here for 2 nights the stay was ok but nothing special ,was expecting a little more but at the end of the day it is cheaply priced . heard quite a few irratating noises throughout the night... Read full review
|The Florence Suite (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|