AboutOf Georgian origin Battery House was completely renovated in 2007, to create a luxury house of 4 double bedrooms, 3 en-suite and a top floor living area with roof terrace, all rooms offering views of either Portsmouth Harbour entrance and The Solent or down the English Channel. Situated in Old Portsmouth, on the corner of Battery Row and Grand Parade, Battery house is located in an area steeped in maritime history. Admiral Lord Nelson (Englands most famous sea captain - whose ship HMS Victory is located in the historic Portsmouth Dockyard) takes pride of place in the centre of Grand Parade. From the front windows the ruined Garrison church (where King Charles II married in 1662) can be seen along with Lord Nelson's statue.
The birds-eye view offered from the living area or roof terrace ensures that all the activities on The Solent, world famous for sailing and the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour, which is home to the British Navy are readily observed. Frigates; aircraft carriers; submarines; ferries; cruise ships; container ships and yachts of all sizes regularly pass by the windows. Within walking distance are many museums; including the Historic Dockyard where Nelson's ship HMS Victory is displayed and D-Day Museum. Further afield within Portsmouth is the birthplace of author Charles Dickens.
Southsea, with its beaches and Clarence Pier funfair are easily accessible on foot. Only a short stroll away, The Spinnaker Tower, located at the shopping and entertainment centre at Gunwharf Quays, offers spectacular vies across the whole of The Solent region from its sky top viewing platform. The Isle of Wight, clearly visible from Battery House, features many historic locations and sights of interest is a short ferry or hovercraft ride away (this is world's longest operating hovercraft route and one of the few remaining in the world), whilst Roman and medieval cities (Salisbury, Chichester and Winchester) are nearby, accessible by train or road together with two national parks (New Forest and South Downs) and some of the most beautiful landscapes in England.
Battery House is built over four floors, with an open plan living and dining accommodation on the top floor, with a further floor for the roof terrace. There is an open plan kitchen area within the living accommodation.
Not only an ideal base for visiting the south coast, Portsmouth is only 90 minutes by train into central London, making day trips to the capital well within reach.
This really is an ideal place for a holiday in England - no matter the weather too and easily accessible to London.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Battery House||from £1,000.00 to £1,800.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Food shop - CO-OP 5 minute walk.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum - but guests are advised that Battery House has 5 flights of 14 steps.
- Cot - On request at booking.
- Highchair - On request at booking.
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- DVD available
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Roof terrace.
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen provided
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs) - Please note access - five flights stairs x 14 steps each.
- Tumble dryer
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - Many restaurants, pubs, cafe, take-away in area.
- Fishing - From pier outside house.
- Fitness facilities close by - At Gunwharf Quays.
- Swimming Pool close by - Pyramids Leisure Centre.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Railway station within walking distance - 15-20 minute walk.
- American Express accepted
- Daily rates available
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks - 2-3 night packages.
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - House of Georgian origin and set on original Parade ground.
- Seafront - Overlooks Portsmouth Harbour entrance and The Solent.
- Townhouse - Set over five floors.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Four bedrooms
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- Sea View all rooms - The Solent or Harbour Entrance
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Washing Machine
Room / Unit Features: Battery House
- Central Heating
- Daily servicing of unit (minimum of 5 days per week) - Extra charge for everyday - £25/day. 7 day stays - one visit included.
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Modem Point
- Non smoking units
- Washing Machine