Book Tickets Online
Discover tales of drunkenness, murder, and treason as you hunt the historic streets & taverns of Old Portsmouth for a mysterious diamond thief in this self-guided treasure hunt adventure!
Solve a range of cryptic clues including word games, maths puzzles, and hidden objects, as you unravel the historic mystery and discover the identity of the infamous Portsmouth diamond thief!
'The perfect blend of Portsmouth, puzzles, and history!'
On Horatio Nelson's last day on dry land before joining his ship to fight in the Battle of Trafalgar, he stored a valuable diamond necklace in a chest in one of Portsmouth's many taverns for safekeeping. That night, the tavern was broken into and the necklace was stolen. You must solve the clues, eliminate suspects, and return to the scene of the crime to get to the bottom of this historic mystery. This treasure hunt is the best way to see the key historic sights of the city, visit its most atmospheric taverns, and soak up true local stories of its most notorious characters and places.
- A 44-page colour activity booklet containing all puzzles, clues, and maps.
- 20% off food in The Bridge Tavern.
- 15% off food & drink in The Wellington pub.
- 10% off food & drink in The Dolphin pub.
- 5 traditional pubs en route.
- Packed full of amazing local history stories.
- Walking distance: 3km
- Duration: 2-3 hours
How to book
Book online via TripAdvisor using the following link: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProductReview-g186298-d19498837-Old_Portsmouth_Self_Guided_Pub_History_Treasure_Hunt_Nelson_s_Stolen_Diamonds-Port.html.
Alternatively, order a copy of the activity book to your address via www.mysteryguides.co.uk.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good4
- Bookend2020Trip Type:Solo travelGreat history lessonThursday, 14th January 2021I was given this mystery book for Christmas. We have been in lockdown for a while. So decided to do a virtual look around Bath online. The clues was quite easy and direction. When things get better... Read full review
- SperenzoTrip Type:CouplesAn amazing Brighton adventure!Tuesday, 6th July 2021Truly was an amazing Brighton adventure! Loved exploring the city and learning new things! Highly recommend! Read full review