Book Tickets Online
Discover tales of drunkenness, murder, and treason as you hunt the historic streets & taverns of Old Portsmouth for a mysterious diamond thief in this self-guided treasure hunt adventure!
Solve a range of cryptic clues including word games, maths puzzles, and hidden objects, as you unravel the historic mystery and discover the identity of the infamous Portsmouth diamond thief!
'The perfect blend of Portsmouth, puzzles, and history!'
On Horatio Nelson's last day on dry land before joining his ship to fight in the Battle of Trafalgar, he stored a valuable diamond necklace in a chest in one of Portsmouth's many taverns for safekeeping. That night, the tavern was broken into and the necklace was stolen. You must solve the clues, eliminate suspects, and return to the scene of the crime to get to the bottom of this historic mystery. This treasure hunt is the best way to see the key historic sights of the city, visit its most atmospheric taverns, and soak up true local stories of its most notorious characters and places.
- A 44-page colour activity booklet containing all puzzles, clues, and maps.
- 15% off food & drink in The Wellington pub.
- 10% off food & drink in The Dolphin pub.
- 5 traditional pubs en route.
- Packed full of amazing local history stories.
- Walking distance: 3km
- Duration: 2-3 hours
How to book
Book online via TripAdvisor using the following link: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/AttractionProductReview-g186298-d19498837-Old_Portsmouth_Self_Guided_Pub_History_Treasure_Hunt_Nelson_s_Stolen_Diamonds-Port.html.
Alternatively, order a copy of the activity book to your address via www.mysteryguides.co.uk.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- SperenzoTrip Type:CouplesAn amazing Brighton adventure!Tuesday, 6th July 2021Truly was an amazing Brighton adventure! Loved exploring the city and learning new things! Highly recommend! Read full review
- 235AlanPortsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat SOUTHSEA ExperienceSaturday, 7th August 2021A really interesting, fun and informative treasure-hunt. We did the SOUTHSEA Adventure (new for summer 2021). The museum at the start was excellent and really put us in the mood for further... Read full review
- AnnieNearSouthamptonNear SouthamptonTrip Type:CouplesExploring Southsea enjoying a mystery.Monday, 13th September 2021Plenty of places to stop for refreshments. We parked near The Parade tea Rooms at Western Parade and had coffee and then walked to the museum to start. Lunch at Southsea Castle. Cuppa near the... Read full review
- Discover Mystery Guides