Fortitude Cottage has the location, location, location. We have Gunwharf Quays on the doorstep, the Historic Dockyard a short walk, and all the major attractions within easy walking distance. Situated only 50 steps from the waters edge, Fortitude Cottage sits in the Old Town a few yards from the ancient fortifications, which give unrivalled views of the ships as they pass through the harbour entance, as does our Penthouse Room with 360 degree panoramic views.
Fortitude Cottage is named after an old ship of the line and overlooks the bustling quayside at the heart of Old Portsmouth, near the ancient fortifications. All the bedrooms are attractively furnished and immaculately maintained. The breakfast room, with its old beams and bay window view of the fishing boats and ferries, makes a pleasurable start to the day.
Pale blue furnishings, with pretty blue and white china on pine tables, complete the welcoming and personal atmosphere.
Only bed and breakfast are offered, but there are many excellent restaurants and pubs nearby serving a wide choice of lunches and evening meals. On the quayside opposite, the Waterbus runs from Easter to November. A 5-minute ride takes one to the HMS Victory, Henry VIII's Mary Rose and the 19thC Warrior, the 1st iron-clad battleship.
The island of Portsea and its surrounding countryside of Hampshire and Sussex, with its maritime and rural interests, offer discovery and relaxation. From the bus stop nearby, one may travel to the new Gunwharf Quays or Southsea in a few minutes or to the shopping precincts in central Portsmouth.
Approximately 1 mile away is the harbour station, including the bus and coach terminus.
The Continental Ferry Port is just over 2 miles away.
Free car parking is available on the quay opposite Fortitude Cottage. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|Penthouse room with balcony and roof terrace
|£135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)
|Super Deluxe double room with en suite
|from £85.00 to £105.00 per room per night (breakfast included)
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 12
- Air-conditioning throughout - Some air-conditioned rooms
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On site parking - Free parking permits given for public car park opposite the B and B
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted - Now accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Cyclists and Walkers.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Safe storage
- Special provisions for walkers