Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Following government advice surrounding COVID-19, Aspex Gallery is now closed to the public until further notice.
Aspex aims to provide the people of Portsmouth, the locality and visitors with opportunities to experience the most innovative contemporary visual art at a local and global level.
With exhibitions that focus on the work of emerging artists, Aspex also plays host to talks, film screenings and a vibrant participation programme packed with lots of creative activities for children and young people.
Keep up to date with exhibitions, events and workshops via the website: aspex.org.uk.
Aspex isn't just about the art and exhibitions, though. It's also a popular meeting place, still within Gunwharf Quays buy away from much of the hubbub. The gallery's in-house cafe is run by local artisinal bakery Bread Addiction.
Bread Addiction's aim is to produce memorable and tasty experiences for visitors. Every cake, tart and pastry is handmade in their bakery, located on Elm Grove, using only the finest seasonal produce. Every day they will provide freshly baked pastries, sandwiches and salads for breakfast and lunch, on top of coffee from independent roasters Square Mile and a selection of tea from Bluebird Tea Company in Brighton.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 2 disabled parking bays only.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Serving a seasonal menu which reflects the talents of local producers, with delicious cakes and daily specials. Maximum capacity 36.
- Conference facilities - Corporate hire of entire building or meeting room only.
- Event Venue
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- French spoken
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M27. Onto M275, follow signs to historic waterfront, then Gunwharf Quays.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest bus and train station is Portsmouth Harbour. Aspex Gallery is situated in the Vulcan Building in Gunwharf Quays, directly behind the Loch Fyne restaurant.
|Aspex Gallery (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Aspex will be open until 8pm on the third Thursday of every month.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change