|Adult||£6.80 per ticket|
|Children aged 17 and under go free with a paying adult||Free|
|Portsmouth Leisure Card Holder||£4.00 per ticket|
|Senior 60+||£5.80 per ticket|
|Student||£4.70 per ticket|
|Unaccompanied Child||£4.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Road Closures and Parking Restrictions - Sunday 27th September
On Sunday 27th September, the D-Day Museum will be located within the road closure area as part of Pedal Portsmouth 2015. As a result, there will be no access for vehicles to some surrounding parking areas, including the D-Day Museum car park.
If you require any information on how to get to the the D-Day Museum as a result of the road closure, please contact the museum on 023 9282 6722.
This museum has as its centrepiece the magnificent Overlord Embroidery commissioned by Lord Dulverton of Batsford (1915-92) as a tribute to the sacrifice and heroism of those men and women who took part in Operation Overlord. The Overlord Embroidery is 272 feet (83 metres) in length, and is the largest work of its kind in the world.
The Museum's unique and dramatic film show uses archive film to bring back memories of the wartime years. There are also extensive displays featuring maps, uniforms and other memorabilia, several vehicles and even a real LCVP landing craft.
Portsmouth Visitor Information Service is located in the Museum foyer, offering a range of visitor information and services. The Museum’s shop sells a range of items relating to the Second World War.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking close by - Fees apply
- Parking (charge)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Cafe - April - Sept
- Catering for groups - with prior booking with the cafe.
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Picnic area - on communal parkland
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - Please download our Group Travel Guide for more information.
- Maestro Accepted
- Min group size - 15, to qualify for group rates.
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - For groups only. Extra charge, available on application.
- Special group rates - Adult: £5.50 Senior: £4.50 Child: £4.00
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - For the Overlord Embroidery only (English/French/ Dutch/Spanish/German)
- Event Venue
- Groups by arrangement - Tours of D-Day Museum and / or Overlord Embroidery available by arrangement for pre-booked groups (fee applies).
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Most suitable for Key Stages 2 & 3. Tours of D-Day Museum and / or Overlord Embroidery available by arrangement, for pre-booked groups (fee applies).
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- Out of Hours Visits
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
M27 or A3(M) to M275 to Esplanade.*** Sunday 6th September *** Portsmouth Triathlon is taking place in Southsea this weekend, so access to the D-Day Museum by road will be restricted due to road closures for the event. We are anticipating that the road closures will be lifted by 1pm, but D-Day Museum will still be accessible by foot until the end of the event.If you require any information for your visit, please contact us.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest stations are Portsmouth & Southsea or Portsmouth Harbour.
|Open All Year|
|October to March Opening Hours (1 Oct 2015 - 31 Mar 2016)|
|April to September Opening Hours (1 Apr 2016 - 30 Sept 2016)|
* Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Open New Year's Day 11am to 4pm. Last entry to D-Day Museum - 30 minutes before closing time.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change