|Adult||£6.80 per ticket|
|Children aged 17 and under go free with a paying adult||Free|
|Portsmouth Leisure Card Holder||£4.00 per ticket|
|Senior 60+||£5.80 per ticket|
|Student||£4.70 per ticket|
|Unaccompanied Child||£4.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The D-Day Museum tells the story of the D-Day Landings in World War Two and has as its centrepiece the magnificent Overlord Embroidery, a tribute to the sacrifice and heroism of those who took part in the operation.
The Overlord Embroidery was commissioned by Lord Dulverton of Batsford (1915-92) as a tribute to the sacrifice and heroism of those men and women who took part in Operation Overlord. The embroidery is 272 feet (83 metres) in length, and is the largest work of its kind in the world.
The Museum's unique and dramatic film show uses archive film to bring back memories of the wartime years. There are also extensive displays featuring maps; uniforms and other memorabilia; several vehicles and even a real LCVP landing craft.
An exciting new project will see the D-Day Museum transformed. The current museum is available to view until spring 2017, when it will close for the project to begin. Re-opening dates are to be confirmed nearer the time.
Portsmouth Visitor Information Service is located in the Museum foyer, offering a range of visitor information and services. The Museum’s shop sells a range of items relating to the Second World War.
Please note the D-Day Museum will be closed on November 16 for staff training. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking close by - Fees apply
- Parking (charge)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Cafe - April - Sept
- Catering for groups - with prior booking with the cafe.
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Picnic area - on communal parkland
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 - 2 hours
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - Please download our Group Travel Guide for more information.
- Maestro Accepted
- Min group size - 15, to qualify for group rates.
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times - For groups only. Extra charge, available on application.
- Special group rates - Adult: £5.50 Senior: £4.50 Child: £4.00
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - For the Overlord Embroidery only (English/French/ Dutch/Spanish/German)
- Event Venue
- Groups by arrangement - Tours of D-Day Museum and / or Overlord Embroidery available by arrangement for pre-booked groups (fee applies).
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Most suitable for Key Stages 2 & 3. Tours of D-Day Museum and / or Overlord Embroidery available by arrangement, for pre-booked groups (fee applies).
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
M27 or A3(M) to M275 to Esplanade.
If you require any information for your visit, please contact the museum directly.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest stations are Portsmouth & Southsea or Portsmouth Harbour.
|April to September Opening Hours (1 Apr 2016 - 30 Sept 2016)|
|October to March Opening Hours (1 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
* Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Open New Year's Day 11am to 4pm. Last entry to D-Day Museum - 30 minutes before closing time.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change