Portsmouth is the perfect city for dogs and their owners. With miles and miles of beautiful seafront and parks and open spaces all over the city you can enjoy everything that the city offers with man's best friend by your side.
This section of the website gives you some ideas of what you can do with your furry friend whilst visiting Portsmouth. It's not a comprehensive list, so please get in touch with Portsmouth Visitor Information Centre for further details.
Dog Friendly Accommodation in and around Portsmouth
- Ibis Budget Portsmouth - A low-cost hotel situated in Fratton, just a short drive from the city centre.
- Ibis Portsmouth - Located in the heart of the city centre next to Portsmouth and Southsea train station and the Guildhall.
- Marriott Hotel Portsmouth - This four star hotel is the ultimate in Solent Chic
- Seacrest Hotel - The Seacrest Hotel enjoys a premier location on Portsmouth's seafront, commanding fine maritime views across the busy Solent waters.
- Hollybank House - Listed country house set in a 10 acre garden located in Emsworth on the South Coast
- Geminair Holiday & Business Apartments - Comfortable self-contained holiday apartments close to Rose Gardens, Canoe Lake and the seafront.
- Lakeside Apartments -Fully-furnished, self contained apartments with all that you require for short or long stays.
Dog Friendly Pubs, Restaurants and Cafes in Portsmouth
- The Still & West - Relaxing country pub, overlooking the entrance to Portsmouth Harbour
- The Bridge Tavern - Traditional country pub with a wonderful friendly atmosphere and a great menu of fine food and drinks.
You'll also find loads of cafes and restaurants along the water's front with ample outdoor seating areas making it perfect to enjoy a bite or a coffee overlooking the water.
Dog Friendly Attractions in and around Portsmouth
- Queen Elizabeth Country Park - Hampshire's biggest Country park with 2,000 acres of woodland and downland set within the South Downs National Park
- Portsmouth Harbour Tours - Small dogs on a lead can join you on a guided boat trip around Portsmouth Harbour, giving fantastic views of local historical sights and of the working dockyard. (Only available from Gunwharf Quays)
- Gunwharf Quays - 95 designer outlets and a wide choice of 30 cosmopolitan restaurants, bars and cafés.
- Southsea Model Village - Set inside the grounds of a Victorian fort, with a large scale electric garden railway, toy museum and more.
- Wyevale Garden Centre - Dogs are welcome anywhere around the Havant Wyevale Garden Centre, except for the restaurant.
Out for a Walk
With over 60 parks and open spaces within Portsmouth plus miles and miles of beautiful seafront you can rest assured that you and your dog won't be able to wait to explore the great outdoors. Download our handy map below detailing the areas that welcome your canine companion.
If you have any further enquiries about your stay in Portsmouth, please contact Portsmouth Visitor Information Service.