|3 - 12 Years (Door Price)||£8.25 per ticket|
|Adult (Door Price)||£10.50 per ticket|
|Family of 4 (Door Price)||£35.50 per ticket|
|Senior / Students (Door Price)||£9.50 per ticket|
To purchase discounted tickets for Adults, Seniors, Children or Students please call the Portsmouth Visitor Information Centre - 023 9282 6722.
Online prices are available from Blue Reef Aquarium website at a discounted price.
Overlooking the busy but beautiful Solent, Portsmouth's Blue Reef Aquarium takes visitors on the ultimate undersea safari.
From the rich variety of British waters to the beauty of a tropical coral reef and more than 40 other displays - including a fantastic otter holt - the aquarium offers a fascinating window into the hidden world beneath the waves. At the aquarium's heart is a giant tropical reef tank that is home to a variety of tropical sharks and stingrays, as well as hundreds of brightly-coloured reef fish. Visitors are able to get up close to these creatures and see life from the sea bed, thanks to the underwater, walk-through tunnel.
During the summer, families can take a break in the outside play area and splash pool. There are also a number of events running throughout the year, including animal feeding and educational talks. A full list of events and feeding times can be found on the website.
Some of the sea creatures on display include rays, black tip reef sharks, crested horn sharks, zebra sharks, otters, terrapins, frilled dragons, spider crabs and much more.
The aquarium also hosts special events like birthday parties. Youngsters can choose between three themes (pirate, mermaid or shark) with activities and fancy dress to match.
Closed on Christmas Day. Last admission one hour before closing.
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Two portable induction loops.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Blue Reef cafe - freshly made rolls, jacket potatoes and snacks, cold, hot and alcoholic beverages.
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 1-4 hours
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - None
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 150
- Min group size - 10
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
From the M27:Onto M275 and follow brown and white signs to seafront and Blue Reef Aquarium. Nearest parking 200yds east of aquarium.
Public Transport Directions
From Portsmouth Harbour bus and train station it is a 30 minute walk to Blue Reef Aquarium.
|Open New Year|
|November - March Opening Hours (1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|April - October Opening Hours (1 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
* Last admission to the Blue Reef Aquarium is 1 hour before closing time.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change