Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
Visitor Centre, Victory Gate
HM Naval Base
Tel: 02392 727574
Jutland Adult All Attraction Ticket - £38.00
Jutland Child All Attraction Ticket - £25.50
Jutland Family All Attraction Ticket (2 adults and 3 children) - £97.50
Jutland Family All Attraction Ticket (1 adult and 3 children) - £77.00
Jutland Senior and Student All Attraction Ticket - £32.80
Jutland Disabled (plus accompanying carer) All Attraction Ticket - £25.50
Jutland Adult All Attraction Ticket - £30.40
Jutland Child All Attraction Ticket - £20.40
Jutland Family All Attraction Ticket (2 adults and 3 children) - £78.00
Jutland Family All Attraction Ticket (1 adult and 3 children) - £61.60
Jutland Senior and Student All Attraction Ticket - £26.24
Jutland Disabled (plus accompanying carer) All Attraction Ticket - £20.40
Visit Portsmouth Historic Dockyard for a truly memorable family day out! See Henry VIII’s one true love as you’ve never seen her before. Be wowed by the stunning panoramic views of the ship from all nine galleries and discover thousands of artefacts recovered from the seabed. Explore our historic ships, including Lord Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860 - the world’s first iron-hulled armoured warship - and HMS M.33, the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli Campaign. Visit our new blockbuster exhibition '36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War' to find out about the greatest naval battle ever fought. Your day out won’t be complete without an adventure-packed trip to Action Stations, where you can train like a Commando or try the new Ninja Force assault course, a brand new attraction based on TV’s popular Ninja Warrior series – the first of its kind in the UK. Add in a complimentary Harbour Tour to cruise around Portsmouth Harbour.
Your Jutland All-Attraction package includes entry to:
• The Mary Rose: Watch this breath-taking 16th Century ship come alive in a way not seen in any other museum in the world. See the extraordinary collection of Tudor artefacts recovered from the sea after nearly 500 years.
• HMS Victory: The world’s most celebrated warship has undergone her biggest change. A major reinterpretation of her visitor route through the ship enables visitors to follow in the footsteps of Nelson, its most famous Admiral.
• HMS Warrior 1860: The world’s first iron-hulled, armoured warship launched in 1860 and never fired a shot in anger, yet changed naval warfare forever.
• 36 hours: Jutland 1916, The Battle That Won The War: This brand new exhibition from The National Museum of the Royal Navy reveals the story behind the greatest naval battle in history.
• The National Museum of the Royal Navy Portsmouth: Britain’s only museum dedicated to the men and women of the Royal Navy, spanning several hundred years.
• Action Stations: Release your inner ninja on the new Ninja Force assault course. Measuring 20 metres by six metres, the course combines elements of Parkour, rock climbing and rope courses. It's suitable for anyone over six and visitors can have as many goes as they like.
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard is home to dozens of interactive adventures, including Britain’s tallest indoor climbing tower, which a taste of life in today’s Royal Navy and Royal Marines.
• Boathouse 4: A great new family attraction within the Historic Dockyard, featuring hands-on children’s activities and a brand new indoor Mast & Rigging experience. There is the Forgotten Craft exhibition which pays tribute to the heroic small naval craft and crews of the past. You can also get a great birds-eye view of students practising traditional boatbuilding skills as part of the International Boatbuilding Training College Portsmouth.
• HMS Alliance at the Royal Navy Submarine Museum: Discover a world beneath the sea by walking on board HMS Alliance - it’s as if she is about to leave for sea. Take a peek through the working periscopes and see, hear and even smell how life was lived underwater.
• Explosion Museum of Naval Firepower: Take the free waterbus over to this award-winning museum – home to a unique collection that includes torpedoes, modern missiles - and even a nuclear bomb.
• Royal Marines Museum: Explore the 350 year history of the Royal Marines – the Royal Navy’s amphibious elite fighting force.
• HMS M.33: Discover the only surviving ship from the First World War’s Gallipoli campaign.
• Harbour Tours: A sailor’s eye view of the Historic Dockyard, and the warships of the modern Royal Navy
• Waterbus: Enjoy a complimentary boat ride from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard to the Royal Navy Submarine Museum and Explosion Museum (subject to availability and on a first come, first served basis).
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard opens from 10am to 5:30pm April - October and 10am to 5pm November - March. Last tickets are sold at 4.30pm (April – October) and 4.00pm (November – March). The Dockyard is closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The dockyard offers a wide range of options for catering and retail; including Costa Coffee and Boathouse No. 7 Restaurant, the Georgian Tea Rooms, Nauticalia, the Mary Rose shop and café, the National Museum of the Royal Navy shop, Antique Storehouse and the Dockyard Apprentice Exhibition.
Annual All-Attraction Tickets do not include entry to special events. Some of the attractions may run on timed entry at different periods of the year, and some may be closed at certain times during the winter.
- In town/city centre
- Accessible Lift - in some attractions
- Disabled Parking - Dedicated spaces in car park
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Loop systems in some of the attractions - please call for details.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Most exhibits are hands-on. If pre-arranged, a guide can help.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Railway station within walking distance
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Restaurant, coffee shop, cafe, various outlets up to 450 capacity.
- Picnic Site
- Undercover picnic area
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Groups Accepted - Prebooking advisable.
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 15 (to achieve group rates)
- Special group rates - All inclusive tickets Adult: £17.20 Senior: £14.70 Child: £12.70
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Licensed for weddings & ceremonies
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals - site tours
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M27. Onto M275 and follow brown signs to Historic Dockyard.
Public Transport Directions
By coach, bus, rail and by ferry from Gosport or Fastcat from the Isle of Wight. Portsmouth Harbour station the Hard interchange are 200 metres from the main entrance.
- Tourism South East Award - 13/14 Gold Award - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2013
|Open New Year|
|Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* April - October: 10:00 - 17:30 November - March: 10:00 - 17:00 Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day