AboutSpitbank Fort is an unusual and historic sea fortress in the Solent, off Portsmouth. Now a luxury exclusive venue and hotel, the fort was formerly home to hundreds of soldiers guarding the approaches to Portsmouth. The arms and ammunition have long been removed, making way for nine luxuriously furnished bedroom suites, three bars, three restaurant areas, and spa facilities.
Spitbank Fort is the most exclusive venue on the south coast, and is its own private island for hire, available for exclusive use, special events, private parties, wedding receptions, music videos and corporate hire. There are few venues in the world that can offer the privacy and exclusivity of Spitbank Fort.
With accommodation for 18 and function space for up to 60 people, this is the unique venue that you have been searching for that will quite simply blow all others out of the water.
Where better to stay when visiting Cowes Week than on your own private fortress? Want a magnificent venue for a private party where there is no chance of gatecrashers, then Spitbank Fort ticks all of the boxes. What about luxurious accommodation for the Isle of Wight Festival where you can party on like a rock star long into the night. As Spitbank Fort can only be reached by own boats it provides a level of privacy, peace and tranquillity that is virtually impossible to find anywhere else in the world.
Parking & Transport
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Event Venue
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- ThePresident1067Carshalton, SurreyTrip Type:CouplesFantastic birthday treat - Sunday lunch on a fort in the SolentWednesday, 26th April 2017A birthday treat and what an experience worth waiting for. Instructions for arrival, well detailed directions, the postcode shown on the instruction sheet is actually for zone A in the Gunwharf Quay... Read full review
- Sabine MGuildford, England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAn amazing weekend to rememberTuesday, 25th April 2017We arrived Saturday morning at Gunwharf Quays. Park in Zone A or as close to the lifts as possible. When you come out of the lift and exit, you can see the company logo on a small building just in... Read full review
- smallmidgetAylesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing Venue and Exceptional Staff !Monday, 24th April 2017This was mine and my husbands second trip to Spitbank Fort and on this occasion it was for a very special trip as it was our first Anniversary. On both occasions our trip has been met with... Read full review
|Open All Year (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Please see website for booking intimation