My Journey Portsmouth
Whatever way you choose to travel around Portsmouth, whether you are walking, cycling or taking the bus, the 'My Journey Portsmouth' website is your one stop shop for all the latest travel information, including real time travel updates and an online journey planner to show you the best way of travelling from A to B. Simply input your postcode or address to find your best route quickly and easily.
Park & Ride
Portsmouth's brand new Park and Ride service is now open daily.
The state-of-the-art park-and-ride offers commuters and visitors to the city a quick easy way into Portsmouth.
The service runs every 12 minutes at peak times and is conveniently located on the M275 entrance to the city.
It is open seven days a week with stops for Portsmouth International Port; Charles Dickens birthplace; the city centre; and The Hard for the Historic Dockyard and Gunwharf Quays, and the hop on hop off nature of the service means passengers can travel between stops as much as they like throughout the day.
For more information on Portsmouth Park & Ride, please visit the Park & Ride website.
About Travelling to & from Portsmouth
Portsmouth is centrally located on the South coast of England with excellent rail, road and ferry links.
- Around an hour from London by road
- 90 minutes from London by rail
- National Express coach connections across the U.K.
- International ferries to France, Spain and the Channel Islands
- Cruise terminal at Portsmouth International Port
- Ferries and hovercraft to the Isle of Wight, Gosport and Hayling Island
- Walking in Portsmouth
- Cycling in Portsmouth
- Travelling to and in Portsmouth by Bus/Coach
- Travelling to Portsmouth by Air
- Travelling to Portsmouth by Car/Parking
- Travelling to Portsmouth by Rail
- Travelling to Portsmouth by Sea
Why not download a PDF version of our comprehensive street map?