- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double room||£50.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room (sleeps 3)||£60.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family room (sleeps 4)||£70.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The Upper Mount House was built in the mid 19th Century and is listed as a building of architectural interest. Standing in its own grounds, Upper Mount is quietly tucked away in a rural-like area of Southsea, but just minutes away from the shopping area, restaurants and seafront. Buses to all parts of the city and heritage centres stop around the corner.
The properties' facilities are very much up-to-date. There is guaranteed parking on the grounds.
The Upper Mount House boasts a variety of styled guest bedrooms. All rooms are light and spacious furnished to a high standard offering a choice of bath or shower facilities within each room. There are also ground-floor bedrooms available.
All of the hotel rooms are equipped with the following: complimentary quality toiletries, Freeview digital TV channels, free WiFi internet connection, tea/coffee-making facilities, hairdryers, central heating, and knee-hole desks/dressing tables.
Situated in the centre of Southsea and very close to the seafront, all amenities are within easy walking distance. The large, well-positioned, car park makes Upper Mount House popular with all our business and family holidaying guests.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Food/bottle warming available
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Public Telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 19th century listed building.
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
Follow signs for 'Portsmouth West' via M27/A27 and M275 then follow signs for Central Southsea. At the roundabout at the end of the M275 take the first exit into Church Street. At the next roundabout take the second exit into Holbrook Road until you come to another roundabout then take the second exit continuing straight along the second section of Holbrook Road. At the next large roundabout continue straight over the roundabout (2nd exit) into Victoria Road North. Continue on this road, which becomes Victoria Road South. At the end of this road when you reach crossroads, turn right and The Vale is a narrow turning on the left, just before the shopping area.
Public Transport Directions
From Portsmouth & Southsea - 1 mile
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good30
- Sue DTrip Type:BusinessPerfect stayFriday, 18th October 2019I stayed here whilst in the area for work. Wayne and team are very welcoming and the hotel is lovely and very clean. Breakfasts cooked to order - better than the usual buffet style offerings at... Read full review
- cricket283Brighton, EnglandTrip Type:Friends getawayThe Essence of Portsmouth’s Naval TraditionSunday, 19th January 2020When you’ve ‘done’ the Dockyard, the Submarine Museum and a boat trip around the harbour, repair to Upper Mount House to continue the experience. Wayne was a company member not only of Ark Royal... Read full review
- E4945HKemmajSundsvall, SwedenTrip Type:BusinessHome away from homeMonday, 16th March 2020Lovely and friendly staff. Good breakfast with a good variations. Cooked eggs or a full English breakfast. Clean rooms, tv, hairdryer, own toilet & shower. Every thing you need when you are away from... Read full review
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed Xmas & New Year (2 weeks)