- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£105.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£55.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£190.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Picture yourself in a wonderful Victorian hotel enjoying panoramic views over the Solent. Standing proudly on the seafront at Southsea since 1866, it evokes an authentic feeling of bygone days.
Magnificent chandeliers, grand staircases, seafaring memorabilia, enchanting restaurants, two lifts and a relaxing sea view lounge to wind away the hours.
124 recently refurbished bedrooms including 48 sea view rooms
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms
Three suites licensed for Wedding Civil Ceremonies
Wedding Packages starting from £4,195
4 excellent conference suites accommodating 10 – 250 delegates
5 function suites (max 300)
A la carte restaurant and bar menu available
Built in 1866 a few steps away from the sea, and advertised as a ‘visitor paradise’ this carefully restored Victorian hotel retains its period elegance but offers all the modern comforts.
With 124 spacious and comfortable fully equipped en-suite bedrooms, extensive conference and banqueting facilities and friendly but professional service, the hotel is ideal for business or pleasure.
All rooms have satellite television and, for a small supplement, front facing rooms offer superb views across the Solent. The Lounge Bar is open to non-residents for all-day dining and the restaurant is open for dinner Monday to Sunday and for Sunday Lunch.
The hotel is conveniently close to all key attractions, including the Historic Dockyard (for HMS Victory, HMS Warrior 1860 and the Mary Rose), Gunwharf Quays (for shopping and leisure), and the Spinnaker Tower. It is also situated close to ferries for the continent and the Isle of Wight.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Accessible Lift
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Lift - 2
- Ramp / Level Access - at rear car park
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Additional Meal Details
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - £21.95.
- Meals served all day - lounge bar
- Restaurant - Dinner mon-sun PM lunch Sunday
- Room Service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special diets catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- 24 hr return laundry service - mon-fri only
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Ironing facilities - ironboards available
- LGBT Friendly
- Night porter
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Pets accepted - Dogs by prior arrangement.
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Public Telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Russian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course
- Golf Course close by
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - At the front and rear of hotel.
- Free parking
- Off site parking - On street parking free of charge.
- On site parking - Limited to 50 spaces free of charge.
- Railway station within 5 miles
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths all rooms
- Broadband - lounge area and bedrooms free wifi
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Safe all rooms - 60% of rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Over bath
- Smoking bedrooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Trouser press some rooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Short breaks available
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
From M27 Follow M27 or A3 (M) to Portsmouth, then follow signs to Southsea and seafront, which leads to South Parade.
Public Transport Directions
By train to Portsmouth & Southsea or Portsmouth Harbour (both approximately 4 miles away) then by taxi to the hotel or bus to South Parade Pier, which is directly opposite the hotel. By coach to Portsmouth Harbour then by taxi or bus.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Bronze
- Very Good652
- Iola352Halstead, United KingdomBreakSunday, 8th March 2020I had a very pleasant room with a sea view. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Southsea Pier. All the hotel staff were cheerful,helpful and polite. The food was excellent. The head waiter called... Read full review
- 455gilljTrip Type:FamilyA great place to hold a celebration!Thursday, 26th March 2020We booked this hotel for a 90th birthday celebration, as it is local to family. It was a week before the closing of restaurants and cafés etc. with the corona virus crisis, so wanted to leave this... Read full review
- 134azaSheffield, United KingdomPoor BEST WESTERNSaturday, 2nd May 2020I booked this hotel for early June but due to present health problems I decided to cancel the booking as I had payed upfront I emailed the hotel and got no reply. I then contacted Best Western and... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|