- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin en suite||£70.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin/single occupancy||£60.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family ensuite||£90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en-suite||£40.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
You are guaranteed a friendly welcome and complete privacy in a house that dates back to the 1860's. This comfortable guest house conveniently and centrally located in Southsea has been welcoming visitors for more than 50 years now.
Located in central Southsea, just five to ten minutes walk from: Southsea shopping centre, Southsea's lively Albert Road with its many shops, bars, restaurants, The King's Theatre and The Wedgewood Rooms, As well as South Parade Pier, Southsea Castle, Southsea Common, seafront and beaches. Also near are The Pyramids Centre (fun pools and nighclub), The D-Day Museum and The Blue Reef Aquarium.
Or you can access these by a short bus or car journey: The Spinnaker Tower, Clarence Pier (amusement park and attractions) Portsmouth Shopping, Portsmouth University, Gunwharf Quays and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
Quality en-suite or standard rooms, freshly cooked full English or continental breakfast included, central heating, tea & coffee making facilities, TV and Wi-Fi in all rooms, un-restricted access with own keys, children welcome.
Credit cards accepted.
Pre-bookable off-road parking for 2 or 3 spaces, non-smoking establishment, electrical shaver points, iron available.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast - All diets catered for with prior notice.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Central heating throughout
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Wireless Internet Access
- Bulgarian spoken
- Russian spoken - Understands Russian
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Must be pre-booked
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Courtyard facility for cycles which is locked at night.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Offer safe house with good advice and guidance to area.
- Special provisions for walkers - May choose packed lunch instead of breakfast.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
Coming by car from London & The EastPick up the A27 by the marshland as you near Portsmouth. Get into left hand lane & follow signs for A2030 towards Southsea. This is the Eastern Road. Follow this road until the very end where you'll reach a large traffic light junction with cemetery on your right (Fratton Park football straight ahead). Turn left. This is Milton Road. Go through 3 more junctions with traffic lights, past lots of shops until you reach another mini roundabout. Turn right. This is Highland Road in Southsea. Continue straight along Highland Road and then Albert Road for approximately a mile. At the next traffic lights turn left. This is Waverley Road. The Albatross Guest House is on the right after approx 400m, shortly after the small park on your right.See Maps for street maps and detailed driving instructions from Google Maps. COMING FROM THE WESTFollow A27 towards Portsmouth. Take junction 12 - M275 towards continental ferries. Continue to the end of the M275, turning left at the roundabout where the M275 terminates. This is Church St. Go straight at the next roundabout, onto Holbrook Road. Go straight again at the next roundabout, by the service station, passing Asda on your left. Continue straight at the Asda traffic lights. Turn left at the next roundabout. After 200m there is another roundabout, turn right into Fawcett Road. Continue down the length of Fawcett Road, straight across the mini-roundabout. At the traffic lights go straight. This is Waverley Road. The Albatross Guest House is on the right after approx 400m, shortly after the small park on your right.See Maps for street maps and detailed driving instructions from Google Maps.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest station is Fratton. Leave the station on the ticket office side, turn left, continue for 150m, turn left over the bridge, cross by the roundabout and continue down Fawcett Road, straight across the mini-roundabout. At the traffic lights go straight. This is Waverley Road. The Albatross Guest House is on the right after approx 400m, shortly after the small park on your right.Taxis are usually available outside the station.Bus 24 serves Fratton Station and Waverley Rd. See route map.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good4
- mikemal0neyCheadle, United KingdomFantastic Eco CruiseFriday, 6th March 2020If you are ever near Hermanus check Neptune’s Divers and Cruises out. They are excellent and do everything to make sure you have a great time. I cannot praise them enough. We had a superb time. Read full review
- 725hillarypHermanus, South AfricaTrip Type:Friends getawayThe most wonderful sunset cruiseMonday, 9th March 2020My girlfriend and I booked onto the sunset cruise with no expectations and what a treat we were in for. The boat was incredible and comfortable, the drinks flowed and the tapas nibbles were to die... Read full review
- BillBlackieTrip Type:FamilyAnother great dive!Saturday, 8th August 2020What an amazing dive / refresher course with the Neptune’s team this morning. They have hosted Alex and me a number of times, and they never disappoint. Great new dive spot just off the Harbour... Read full review
- 2 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|