- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£55.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||£65.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single||£39.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin with shared bathroom||£55.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Southsea beach is just an eight minute stroll away and Abbey Lodge is within easy reach of the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the Heritage Museums, the Portsmouth University campus, Gunwarf Quays shopping and entertainment complex, the Spinnaker Tower, the Kings Theatre, the Wedgewood Rooms and Portsmouth's Ports (for ferries to France, Spain, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight).
ETB three Star B & B accommodation is provided in eight comfortably furnished rooms, where a cosy and welcoming atmosphere is combined with individual attention.
A generous, complimentary, home cooked and award winning choice of breakfast is cooked to order for you between 8 am and 9 am: It includes: a traditional, plated full English using local ingredients (featuring Buckwells butchers sausages, selected back bacon and fresh mushrooms and tomatoes); brown and white toast; orange juice; individual cereals; kippers; porridge; omelettes and scrambled egg. We even have some naughty cookies, healthy bars and muffins to tempt you with. Vegetarians are catered for, with prior notice, and we can help with special diets.
We naturally provide thoughtful touches in your room for your convenience and comfort, including: complementary tea; coffee (regular and decaff); bottled mineral water; drinking chocolate; biscuits; shower cap; soap; shampoo; shoe wipe; nail file and sewing kit. Every room has a steam iron with distilled water and an ironing board along with a hair dryer.
Free Wi-Fi is available in every room and we can help with faxes.
Albert Road is only a few minutes away by foot, where a truly cosmopolitan selection of restaurants await including: Sushi, Tapas, Thai, Turkish and a number of excellent Indian and Asian - not forgetting traditional fish and chips! A traditional CAMRA pub wih a large selection of real ales and ciders is also closeby on Albert Road.
We will be delighted to welcome you into our home from home. Check in times are between 14:00 hrs and 21:00hrs and latest check out is 10:00 hrs: Breakfast is served between 08:00 hrs and 09:00hrs.
Our on line booking process is fast, simple and very secure. It fully meets the stringent security requirements of the Banks and is PCI DSS compliant. Complete details of your desired stay in the real-time availability box to see all our available rooms and make your booking. Please be assured that we never receive any details of your credit card and the transaction is solely between yourself and NatWest Streamline.
- Additional Meal Details - Vegan
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- Public Telephone
- Wireless Internet Access
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms - Available on request.
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
From South Parade Pier take any road north to a roundabout. Waverley Road is a turning north from the roundabout. Abbey Lodge is on right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
From Fratton - 1.5 miles. Out of station over bridge along Fawcett Road and Lawrence Road to traffic lights, straight over to Waverley Road. Abbey lodge is on the left-hand side.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- alibazBuryUKHuntingdon, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessB&B hotel, and no breakfast or hotel!Monday, 24th June 2019This was booked by others as a hotel bed and breakfast. Certainly not a hotel and they don’t do breakfast , so is just a b. Very dated. Toilet two flights of stairs up! Room tiny and a pole to hang... Read full review
- jackiehN1813YNTrip Type:CouplesMrsMonday, 14th October 2019Very nice welcome by the owner on a wet and miserable day. The room was very clean and tidy and had everything you need and extra touches too. We were only there one night but would not hesitate in... Read full review
- Donna BTrip Type:CouplesBeen a pleasureWednesday, 11th December 2019Another great stay, although sorry to say it’s my last due to the owners retiring, clean building and warm welcoming right to the end. Hoping to find another place that offers what Abbeylodge always... Read full review
- 3 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Awards - Breakfast 2013
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|