Stansted Park returns with a weekend-long extravaganza blending history, cricket and fun in a West Sussex country setting.
After extended works to revitalise the visitor experience, Stansted Park will be throwing open its doors on July 10 and 11 to provide two days of fun-filled family entertainment as part of the grand re-opening to bring the estate back to life.
Visitors will be treated to a wealth of historic interest and activities with displays that reveal the colourful history of the estate and the Ponsonby family including the sword that General Sir William Ponsonby used at the Battle of Waterloo. Outside in the park, the Waterloo theme will continue with reenactors from the Napoleonic period showing off their cavalry and musketry skills, and demonstrating what it was like to live in a military camp on the eve of the battle.
With true British style and pageantry, the world-renowned Band of the Grenadier Guards will perform the spectacular ceremony of Beating Retreat in front of the mansion.
Sporting entertainment over this exciting weekend includes cricket matches featuring the Royal Lancers, I Zingari and Stansted Park’s very own team.
With their all-inclusive ticket visitors can also delight in a jazz band, archery as well as the maze and light railway.
Join in the fun and help celebrate Stansted Unlocked!
The summer fun and entertainment will include:
- Your chance to explore a revitalised Stansted House with new displays
- Witness the spectacle of the Band of the Grenadier Guards (Saturday only)
- Enjoy the sound of leather against willow with cricket in the iconic setting in front of the mansion
- Experience the thrills of battle with a Military Re-Enactment Group
- Tap your feet along to a soothing jazz band
- Test your skills at archery
- Travel through magical woodland on the light railway
- Get lost – and found - in the mystical maze
- Pit your wits against your family in traditional garden games
Adult Day Ticket Saturday (including Grenadier Guards): £18
Adult Day Ticket Sunday: £15
Teen Ticket (13-16yrs, must be accompanied by an adult): £8
Children 13 years and under free with an accompanying adult
Weekend Special: £25 per adult
All paid tickets are subject to Eventbrite booking fee.