Free with a valid attraction ticket.
Avast ye! Plunder no more - Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition ‘lands ahoy’ at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard. The best-selling Horrible Histories series, created by Terry Deary and illustrator Martin Brown, takes buccaneers of all ages on an epic adventure across the seven seas with hands-on displays and interactive exhibits.
Follow a bossy pirate parrot and his ratty shipmate on a hilarious journey as you discover wicked weapons, terrible tactics and prisoner punishment used by Blackbeard himself. Lively illustrations, foul facts and gruesome games bring the stories of putrid pirates to life – so fans of the books and TV series will know what to expect!
Ready, steady and fire your way to fun
Let your little pirates loose as they captain their very own ship. This fun and light-hearted look at life onboard comes complete with eye patches, wooden legs and deadly armaments ready for you to take into battle with the enemy.
Discover the patter of pirate talk and learn the lingo, decide your fate on the wheel of misfortune and get to grips with the rules of the pirate code – otherwise you might be taking a trip to Davey Jones’ Locker.
Grab your grog and sing along in the Pirate Tavern, design your own pirate flag and battle it out with different weapons including cutlasses and cannons. Take command of your very own pirate ship as you pretend to be a daring pirate commander on the high seas.
The best way to experience Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition
This hilarious journey through the world of pirates has been brought to life by Terry Deary and illustrator Martin Brown – whose bestselling books celebrated ‘25 Horrible Years’ in 2018.Get hands-on with over thirty interactive experiences including touch-screen games and roleplaying opportunities to entertain even the most hardened old salt.
Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition was developed by the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney in association with Scholastic UK.
Entry to Horrible Histories® Pirates: The Exhibition requires a valid attraction ticket. Book online and save 20% on a Full Navy Ticket and visit all year round.
- Horrible Histories: Pirates - The Launch
- Accessible Lift - in some attractions
- Disabled Parking - Dedicated spaces in car park
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Loop systems in some of the attractions - please call for details.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Most exhibits are hands-on. If pre-arranged, a guide can help.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Wheelchair user accessible
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Restaurant, coffee shop, cafe, various outlets up to 450 capacity.
- Picnic Site
- Undercover picnic area
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Licensed for weddings & ceremonies
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Team / Corporate Activities
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Railway station within walking distance
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Groups Accepted - Prebooking advisable.
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 15 (to achieve group rates)
- Special group rates - All inclusive tickets Adult: £17.20 Senior: £14.70 Child: £12.70
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Compulsory for Individuals - site tours
Map & Directions
|Horrible Histories: Pirates (6 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|