St Margaret's Lodge has a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere and is a perfect choice for business guests or leisure travellers enjoying a break in and around historic Southsea and Portsmouth. St. Margaret's Lodge Bed and Breakfast is very close to the Canoe Lake, Rose Garden and Southsea seafront and a 10 minute walk to the D-Day Museum and Southsea castle. From the seafront at Clarence Pier there is a Hovercraft service to the Isle of Wight which takes just 12 minutes to cross the Solent.
Spacious and well maintained en-suite bedrooms with comfortable and individual furnishings, all coloured co-ordinated, centrally heated with colour TV and tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer, clock radio alarm and complimentary spring water and toiletries.
Enjoy a light continental style or traditional English breakfast freshly prepared by their resident chef in their delightful light and spacious breakfast room overlooking the pretty garden which is also available for the enjoyment of our guests during the summer months.
They are also fortunate in being able to present a residents T.V. lounge, a smaller quiet reading lounge, plus a spacious seated reception area with log fire, all situated on ground floor level.
St Margaret's Lodge Guest House has a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere and is a prefect choice either for business guests or leisure travellers enjoying a break in and around Historic Southsea and Portsmouth. just yards away from here is a bus service that runs to Southsea shopping centre, Gunwharf Quay, Historic Dockyard and City Centre. The bus service runs every 10 minutes from the hour. We also have some restaurants close by the Guest House.
Residents parking for 5 to 6 cars plus ample free on street parking.
Colour brochure on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £30.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Rooms- Prices on request.||On Request|
|Single en suite||£42.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite bathroom||from £34.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Broadband - wifi free of charge
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- Diana ETrip Type:CouplesExcellent all roundWednesday, 4th September 2019This B and B is excellent in all aspects. The location is good with a freshwater lake and the seafront nearby. It is well served by buses and nearby restaurants. The hotel is beautifully decorated... Read full review
- Duncan HAberdare, United KingdomThird visitSunday, 6th October 2019My wife and I returned for three nights on Friday last week and once again were not disappointed. Breakfast was fine and the room ideal. Patron was amiable and made us feel welcome again. Car parking... Read full review
- WEHATEforestDerby, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySimply SpecialSaturday, 22nd August 2020Myself and my family have been stopping at St Margaret's Lodge for a good 14 years now when we holiday in Southsea. Why do we go back? It's simple... it's an amazing place to stay, located close to... Read full review