- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||from £33.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single Occupancy of Twin / Double Room||from £55.00 to £60.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||from £35.00 to £37.50 per person per night (room only)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en-suite||from £60.00 to £65.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £85.00 to £121.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin||from £33.00 to £35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £35.00 to £37.50 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
AboutEstablished for many years, modernised to a high standard, whilst still retaining many of the original features. Centrally located 5 minutes by car from continental and Isle of Wight ferry terminals, M27/A27, railway and coach Stations, city Centre, Guildhall, University, seafront, Gunwharf Quays, Historic Ships/museums and all the tourist attractions that Portsmouth, and its resort of Southsea, has to offer. These include HMS Victory, The Mary Rose, HMS Warrior, D-day museum and many more.
Come and stay in the bright, modern, centrally-heated rooms with remote-control colour TV, hairdryer, clock, cooler fans and generous tea/coffee facilities. Most rooms have en suite facilities are all are now non-smoking. Relax in the spacious, comfortable lounge, where there is an excellent selection of tourist information, books and games. A useful addition to these is a book containing many of the local restaurant menus.
Full English. Vegetarian and Continental breakfasts are served in the lovely Spanish-style dining-room. Continental breakfast is offered from 6am for early travellers. For midday and evening meals there is a wide selection of restaurants just a few minutes' walk from the house, both English and foreign to cater for all tastes. Many more restaurants can be found a little further away in the different centres of the city.
Hamilton House is an ideal touring base for Southern England, being on the main routes for places such as Winchester, New Forest, Beaulieu and Chichester, to name but a few. Trains are plentiful from the local stations and London Waterloo takes just 1.5 hours.
Should you choose to come for a night, a week or longer, at any time of the year, we will ensure a warm welcome and a pleasant stay at Hamilton House.
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 1879 Victorian townhouse, many original features
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children - Cot, highchair.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free, unlimited on street parking
- Additional Meal Details - Vegan, Coeliac, Vegetarian, Atkins
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast - Continental from 0600 Full breakfast from 0830
- Special diets catered for
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Accept coach parties
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Public Telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French,Spanish basic
- Wireless Internet Access
- Special provisions for cyclists - Safe overnight storage for bikes.
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
From M27 junction 12
Follow M275 Portsmouth west, over or under flyover at continental ferry port. At 1st roundabout at end of dual carriageway (Charles Dickens roundabout)take 1st exit, road bends to right then left. Follow this road (Holbrook Road) across 3 roundabouts into Victoria Road North, 0.5 mile, Hamilton House is 2nd block on right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
From Portsmouth & Southsea - 0.5 miles
Taxi or come out of station, turn left, bus stop is just along on same side for no 17 bus which stops directly opposite house.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- ElayneRAwali, BahrainTrip Type:Friends getawayBack at grandma,s houseSaturday, 26th September 2015Well when we walked in the door I thought oh my what have I done ! But once we climbed a hundred stair the room was basic but fine. Reminds you of your grandma,s house.breakfast was good plenty of... Read full review
- Arik PDunboyne, IrelandTrip Type:FamilyPleasant nice and close to city center.Monday, 3rd August 2015This was an interesting experience. The place was very nice. Although the decor is extremely outdated ,the family room we had was huge, the beds so comfortable that we needed double alarms to wake us... Read full review
- Amra STrip Type:FamilyLovely hosts. Comfortable stay.Sunday, 10th May 2015A fortunate last minute find. A pleasure to have met Sandra and Graham who were very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and bright and the breakfast was lovely. Will definitely stay again when... Read full review
|Opening (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|