Travelling to Portsmouth by Sea
Portsmouth's new International Port offers ferry routes to France, Spain and the Channel Islands plus a Cruise Terminal.
The Port offers an excellent passenger experience with facilities within the terminal including a bright, pleasant café, comfortable seating in attractive, contemporary surroundings and shops perfect for last-minute purchases, travel essentials and a range of souvenirs.
See below links to all the ferry companies operating through Portsmouth:
- Brittany Ferries for Caen, Cherbourg, Santander and St Malo.
- LD Lines for Le Harve
- Condor Ferries for the Channel Islands
- Gosport Ferry to and from Gosport
- Hayling Island Ferry between Eastney and Hayling Island.
- Hovertravel operates a hovercraft service from Southsea Seafront to Ryde Pier, Isle of Wight
- Wightlink operates a car ferry to Fishbourne and a passenger catamaran to Ryde on the Isle of Wight
Please note permission from QHM must be obtained before entering and leaving Gunwharf Quays Marina. QHM can be reached on VHF Channel 11.
For further details about marinas, harbours, and costal areas visit Sail South East England
Enjoy the harbour views more with information about shipping movements in and out of the harbour