|Disabled with 1 Free Carer||£8.10|
|Family (1 adult & 3 children)||£15.50 per ticket|
|Family (2 adult & 3 children)||£22.00|
|Senior Citizen - Over 60||£8.10|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The Royal Marines Museum, situated on the Southsea seafront, is a proud and welcoming museum set in striking Victorian surroundings. Winner of the Tourism South East ExSEllence Best Small Visitor Attraction of the Year award, and open every day, the museum offers something for everyone.
Learn about the Marines' globe-trotting exploits and see the difference they made in every corner of the earth. See how people become a Royal Marine and experience for yourself the barrack conditions in which they lived. Find out also about the fierce battles they took part in, including the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and D-Day in World War Two.
Explore the conditions of jungle warfare - Marines style - and come face-to-face with a snake and scorpions! See for yourself how the Falklands Conflict unfolded and remember what a prominent role the Royal Marines played. Learn about the modern Royal Marines and life with the Royal Navy today.
Discover the breathtaking, refurbished Medal Room, proudly displaying most of the museum's collection of 8,000 medals. See the Victoria Cross display highlighting the bravery of all 10 Royal Marines who have been awarded this famous medal.
Enjoy the hands-on activities, interactive displays, rifle simulator, all-new Making of the Royal Marines Commando exhibition and more. The museum is open to visitors throughtout the year from 10am to 5pm. During winter opening the museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays excpet for Hampshire school holidays and half terms.
Bring your colleagues or clients to the Royal Marines Museum for a conference they will be sure to remember. The museum is perfect for all types of conferences, meetings, lectures, team-building days, presentations and AGMs. The wide choice of rooms caters for large or small numbers of delegates. All parking is free and the museum’s adjacent gardens offer refreshing breaks. A member of our dedicated events team will be appointed as your main contact and will discuss plans for room layout and table arrangements prior to your arrival, ensuring your meeting will be stress-free – and a complete success. There is no better or more unique venue with as much history as you will find at the Royal Marines Museum. Delegates are even able to walk around the exhibitions and take in some culture during their trip.
Fully accessible by wheelchair and with a wide range of special events during the year.
Further details on the museum can be found at www.royalmarinesmuseum.co.uk or by calling 023 9281 9385.
To purchase discounted tickets please call the Portsmouth Visitor Information Centre - 023 9282 6722.
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Audio loops installed
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print available. Magnifying glass available to borrow.
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Parking on gravel area
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- Parking (charge)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Hot and cold snacks in tea rooms. Maximum capacity 40.
- Picnic Site
- Vegetarians catered for
- Approx length of visit - 02:30
- Delta accepted
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates - 10% off standard admission charges
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue - Venue hire for weddings, conferences, adults’ and children’s parties, balls, proms and fundraising evenings.
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open all year round
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Out of Hours Visits
TICKET / INFORMATION / GIFT SHOP [WHERE APPLICABLE]
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M27/A27. From west to via M275, east via A2030, follow signs to seafront.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Portsmouth & Southsea or Fratton. Taxi from station.
- Tourism South East Award - Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Winner 2008
|2016/17 winter (31 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|2017 summer (1 Apr 2017 - 30 Oct 2017)|